Monday, July 7, 2008

Rush Report!

I have had my rush for a month and a half. I had successfully scratched it thrice. Uwaaaaah.. I am devastated. I noticed the first scratch after sending it for the usual car wash. Hmmm.. never went back to that car wash. The second one was because I answered a phone call from a student who was annoying me. It was out of office hours and my son was very ill. I was rushing to park in front of the clinic. Hmmm. Never going to pick up the phone in dire situations again. The last one was because I had been helping my sister with her assignment because she lasered her eyes and can see much in her healing period. I finished by 4 am and was soo sleepy. Tried to sleep at my parent's house but the electricity went kaput. I decided to go home to my son. As I backed up, I kissed the kelisa's side mirror. Shoot. That happened while tired.

So good advice for myself. Never drive when tired, rushing, worried or send your car to wash to dodgy car washers.

Anyhoo. I finally managed to get my act together and calculate how much mileage the rush does. It was RM0.216 per km. Can you believe that. For 458 km (that is to and fro from Uni to kampung from Monday to Friday and weekend driving). Not bad at all. If you consider 8L/100Km. The merc cost me RM 140 per week and that was with the cheaper cost fuel. Nowadays it cost me RM100 per week with the Rush.

I have also used a few tips for driving with the intent to save on fuel. I was told by Couz Eccentric that one should drive at RPMs lower than 3000. Preferably 2000. I found this to work magically. Furthermore, I personally found out that it is cheaper to avoid rush hour traffic. Slow moving traffic guzzles gas without getting you nowhere. Same as if you were waiting for someone with your engines on. Lastly always look two or three cars ahead. Remove your foot from the fuel pedal, when you see the cars ahead slowing down, ease into a slow glide. Do not stop abruptly. Do not rush to traffic lights. It is safer and cheaper to ease to stop than to quickly accelerate to make that green light.


Anyhoo I summarised these TIPS from a website by a Daviddj

Tip A: Avoid Rush Hour Traffic! Which I found out as well.

Tip B: Keep your RPMs under 3000. Rapid Acceleration wastes gas. Slow and steady acceleration keeps your money in your pocket. You will still end up at the same top speed but less is spent.

Tip C: From Papa John: Regular oil changes will help your gas mileage as friction is reduced with cleaner oil. Maintaining tire air pressure will extend the life of your tire. Better tyre more efficient fuel consumption.

No comments:

I am like a bird - Eagle.. woo hoo..

Your Power Bird is an Eagle
You are spiritual and able to soar to great heights.
You are a true inspiration, and many people look to you for guidance.
And you are quite demanding in relationships... but you're worth it.
People know that you will become even greater than you imagine.

The Keys to Your Life - Shite! truth reverberates.

The Keys to Your Life
Anything good in your life comes from you having the strength to make good decisions.

You know how to assess a situation before you leap into action.

Anything bad in your life comes from fooling yourself or clinging to illusions.

Be strong enough to see the world clearly. Learn from your mistakes.

My Shoe Type - Oh I am common... :)

You Are Sneakers
You are creative, funky, and forward thinking.
You are cool, but you are still approachable.

You are stylish and edgy, but you aren't a slave to fashion.
You tend to put your own spin on trends.

You tend to have a fast paced, busy lifestyle.
Not a lot of people can keep up with you!

You should live: Near nature

You should work: In a job that keeps you on the go

The Sesame Street Personality Quiz - Who would have guessed

You Are Bert
Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you lovable - even if you don't love them!

You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you

You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil

How you live your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others